Thursday, January 24, 2008

More Photos, Chinese Language Fun


Good times yesterday morning & this morning - I was able to navigate ordering our breakfast from a couple of local cafes using Chinese. It was a blast. Of course, practice makes perfect, so I felt better about my performance this morning. I even had to deal, albeit very awkwardly, with some follow-up questions from one proprietor about traveling to Taiwan on an airplane (fei[1] ji[1]) & that I was from the U.S. (mei[3] guo[2]). Anyway, it's nice to deal with Mandarin in real life situations. Nathan will wake-up soon, so I'll forgo a yawn-inducing description of the tasty dishes I ordered for us ...

More photos at my Picasa site - there's a slide show of them below. Captions are also available at the Picasa site: http://picasaweb.google.com/jamie.parker

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Jamie. I hope you are on your way to building a varied and strong support system for yourself as well. It's fun but not easy being an expat spouse. Talk of food makes me hungry! Hope Amy is well. It's 22 degrees here so enjoy warm Taiwamese weather. -sae

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie, Amy and Nathan,

I just love these pictures and your notes. Miss you much. All is well here at home in Alexandria. Hugs to all.

Love, Mom xoxoo